CoaXPress (CXP) is an asymmetric high-speed point to point serial communication standard for the transmission of video and still images, scalable over single or multiple coaxial cables. It has a high speed downlink of up to 12.5 Gbps per cable for video, images and data, plus a lower speed uplink up to 42 Mbps for communications and control. Power is also available over the cable (“Power-over-Coax”) and cable lengths of greater than 100m may be achieved.
- High-speed data rates: up to 12.5 Gbps over a single coax cable and scalable for multiple cables. (e.g. 4 cables gives 50 Gbps, 8 cables give 100 Gbps etc).
- Long Cable Lengths: In excess of 100m at 3.125 Gbps and 35m at 12.5 Gbps.
- Real time behavior with fixed, low latency transmission.
- Precise triggering capability.
- Flexible and reliable through use of standard coax – e.g. RG59 and RG6.
- Ease of integration: image data, communication, control and power over a single coax cable.
- Cost-effective cabling solutions
- Hot pluggable.
- Royalty-free solution.